Subject: [Leica] IMG: Morning light
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:19:01 +1000

Thank you everyone for looking and commenting. A couple of people have
helpfully commented off list on the visible noise and I've reworked the
image here.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/120290400
Sky of course is notoriously prone to 'texture', especially in darker
exposures. My sharpening of the web size version made that much more
prominent too.
I'm learning better sharpening and noise control with LR too. There are a
lot of gains to be had there.
In my shooting with the M9 thus far, my impression is that it is
significantly better at noise reduction in camera than the M8. In a 'normal'
exposure 640ISO is by no means noisy. As always underexposure makes a large
difference.
Anyway both versions are there for comparison if anyone is interested. In
the rework there has been global noise reduction in post (Neat Image) but
selective sharpening of sea and cloud.
I'm going to print it on canvas, I think.