Subject: [Leica] Jim Rakete gets first S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 01:02:27 -0500

Many of us just got this email from Leica saying Jim Rakete  just got the
first S2 and they are now flying out of the factory. Each under their own
little stork.
http://s.leica-camera.com/auslieferung-der-leica-s2-gestartet/?lang=en&mid=5
55
or
http://tinyurl.com/ydvb73x

I was encouraged by the head shot they ran of Rakete.
As he's a white haired dude who looks not younger than I am.
And he's described as a prominent photographer from Berlin.

I wiki'd him to see if they say how old the guy is.
1 January 1951, Berlin, Germany  they say.

I  guess we're of the same generation.
He's 16  days older then I am.
This makes me feel very mainstream.
Sometimes I feel over the hill.
But I'm feeling much better now about the whole issue.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Jim Rakete gets first S2)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Jim Rakete gets first S2)