Subject: [Leica] The M9 is here! The M9 is here!
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 18:59:54 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote:

 ... try being a working photographer with a crop
factor They'll laugh you out of the room.
<<<

How many photographers using a Canon 1D MkIII are laughed out of the room?
Its replacement, the 1D Mk IV, is also a crop-factor camera.

Its bigger smoother images; its a LARGER FORMAT.
Real estate Real estate Real estate
More selective depth of field
WAY higher ISO's.
<<<

I don't question the advantages of a larger sensor - and I'd like to be
using one with DMR image quality - but using a crop sensor isn't the end of
the world.

- the ability to compete in the serious photography world.
<<<

The gallery owners I've met with seem to think the DMR's image quality is
quite competitive.  The last one I showed photos to visibly jumped when he
saw the first print, and when they asked what equipment I'm using, all have
smiled and nodded at my answer.  None have complained about the crop factor.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application