Subject: [Leica] The M9 is here! The M9 is here!
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:38:07 -0600

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Frank Filippone <red735i at
earthlink.net>wrote:

> My buddy still takes pictures of pigeons.  He has no life.

If they are good pictures of pigeons, and the pictures satisfy him, then he
has a life.

You know, we have hundreds of people on this list and millions of people on
the internet who own cameras who take pictures, and the pictures never get
shown to anyone.  I'd venture to say that after most people see the shot on
the back of the digital camera, that's the last time it is seen.

My 75 year old Mother-in-law has gone back to film, because it was just too
damn much trouble to go stand at the machine and pick out digital shots.

She takes her roll of film, has it processed and looks at all the prints at
home, just like she always did.

She already has prints from Thanksgiving.  I do not.   She has an old Kodak
film camera.  I have a Leica M8 with eight lenses.

She's happy with her pictures.  I'm still fussing with mine.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com