Subject: [Leica] safe slide storage
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:49:34 -0500

Peter - Keep your slides in archival boxes in a dehumidified room.  I've
done that and despite the fact that the basement room where I store teh
slides would get very humid in the summers without it, the dehumidifier
keeps the RH down in the 50-55% range throughout the year and I've had very
very few problems with mold.  These slides are almost all in their original
Kodak mounts.

If you haven't already done so, you might also onsider digitizing them all
now before further problems occur despite more careful storage.

Regards,

Dick