Subject: [Leica] IMG: Was Bugatti Shmugatti, Now for Volvophiles
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 20:50:03 -0800

The P1800 is a total slug on turns. The PV544 is surprisingly agile for its
awkward (by today's standards) looking shape. The PV544 can out corner the
P1800, even with bias-ply tires, never mind radials. Heck a VW bus can out
corner the P1800.
The only reason I got rid of my last one was because of the metal fatigue
throughout the body and suspension. But with well over 400K miles on it, I
can't complain. It did its share of unpaved roads, construction sites,
deserts, and inner city stop and go.
Plus parts are hard to get now, especially as of the past few years.
Speaking of which, I have left parts for a 240, last of the series. If
anyone is interested, that is.
S.d.