Subject: [Leica] IMGs: portraits of power
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:34:02 +0100

Agreed, in full !

I think Steve's last two takes for instance, are wonderful portraits -
they tell so much more, or at least appeal to me - insipid terrestrial
creature -  so much more than any sharp, profesionally lit portrait.
 From his images, I sense I know who Soleil and Luna are, and it does
strike a real human chord with me.

 From the series posted in the link that started the thread, I have to
guess a little more, but they work, and work well.

More often than not, we lose the soul - the 'old' debate BW vs colour
is irrelevant here - of the person, and the very essence of
photography , IMVHO of course.

Every picture needs an eye, an approach, a commitment, else it is
radiography, with or without Xrays, or UV filters.

Sorry to be so sharp on that.
I don't mean any offense to anyone.
Just opinion, mine only.

Bien cordialement ? tous depuis Metz.
Philippe

Le 1 d?c. 09 ? 19:33, George Lottermoser a ?crit :