Subject: [Leica] IMG: Roads, Trucks and BBQ
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:02:14 -0600

Hugh,

I like the one of the BBQ butcher.  Not that far removed from some of the
BBQ joints we have here.  Regarding the comments on exposure:  I know there
are a number of pros who are so familiar with a particular emulsion that
they can get the exposure right by eye.  I was not one of those, nor a pro,
and had to have a meter. For most of my photography, a reflective meter was
best (measuring light from the position of the camera).  Since they are
available for next to nothing on the used market, one might help you
correlate the exposure with what you estimate by eye.  Some of the scenes
you had were really challenging for exposure.  Pointing a reflective meter
at the area of interest, e.g., away from the sky or brightest parts, may
help.  I can recommend the Gossen LunaPro.

With regard to the lab burning a CD: For a few $ more they may be able to
burn it as a 16-bit tif instead of a jpg.  Then you will have more to work
with in imaging software.  You are obviously in a photographically
interesting area, as opposed to my photographically challenged site.  Best
of luck.

Ken