Subject: [Leica] Amazon.com: Georges Brassens - Master Series Volume 1: Georges Brassens: Music
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:12:37 +0100

Le 22 nov. 09 ? 20:43, Lluis Ripoll Querol a ?crit :

> It looks interesting, my favorite songs from Brassens are a lot...,
> but I want recommend some ones to not be missed if you can
> understand french, his french is a little "argot" the language of
> the streets:

Pas si s?r le p?re Philippe (wink)

Brassens had a thorough knowledge of the classics, he mastered the
French language as very few can boast about, and more often than not
resorted to the original sense of words as used by Ronsart, Du Bellay,
and early French writers.
His poetry is immense, but actually classic in manufacture.

Should you want to have a look, or hear what 'argot' is about, then
listen to such singers as Renaud

<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=fr-fr&q=renaud&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I guess you can find them on Utube

  Even mre recent authors/singers have resorted to street talk, but I
haven't been able to appreciate them much, so far. (Perhaps with the
exception of 'Grand Corps Malade' , sic)

Anyhow, Lluis's photographs illustrate perfectly the spirit/mind of
the work of Brassens; I am all the more endeared to him for doing so.

Thank you Lluis mon pote gratuit de Barcelone, et bravo LES artistes.

Amiti?s du soir
Philippe