Subject: [Leica] Lou Reed, Now Salgado...Now B&W Emulation Software
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:24:03 -0600

==On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Craig Semetko <csemetko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've been toying with the idea of creating negs from digital files and
> printing them and this will put me over the top. It sounds really
> intriguing, and I'm encouraged to read the prints are virtually
> indistinguishable from film neg prints. While I was in Germany I met
> another
> photographer on assignment for an NGO and he recommended "Silver Effects
> Pro" for adding grain and making digital files look like Tri-X, or any
> number of other films. I've been too busy to download it and try it out but
> I'll give it a try soon. If anyone has had success with Silver Effects or
> any other film replicating software, I'd love to hear about it.

I think there has been a thread or two on this in the last year, or at
least some mentions of this kind of software.

Your are talking about
http://www.niksoftware.com/silverefexpro/usa/entry.php  but some of us
have been using
http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/index.aspx

I've been using Exposure2 and like it a lot but now Nik has updated
SilverEfexPro to be used as a plugin in Lightroom (which I use for 95%
of my processing now) whereas Exposure2 still only works in Photoshop.

Hope this helps.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Lou Reed, Now Salgado...Now B&W Emulation Software)