Subject: [Leica] S2 test
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 02:25:12 -0500

> Of course I can shoot head shots, like this one:
> http://www.rfman.com/photos/614690617_hDgAJ-L-1.jpg
>
> This one:
> http://www.rfman.com/Events/Corset09/0905241359796/548174999_mTXvL-M-1.jpg
>
> This one:
> http://www.rfman.com/Weddings/SandraAndBrianWedding/L9991918/614690653_3yVG2-M
> -1.jpg
>
> etc.
>
> But you need to read what people write: B&W medium format film.
>
> And if you can take good head shots using an XPan or Mamiya 7II, I'll
> buy you a beer, may be even two bottles.

For the Mamiya 7II  put a Telephoto 210mm f/8 in front of it.
Shoot head shots til the cows come home.
Then shoot theirs, crop out the bell. Not the ears.
Oh does it have to be a very ultra tight head shot?
Crop the huge neg a bit. Its why its huge.

For the XPan you've got the 90mm f/4.
Its a  dual format camera which sets to 34x36 just for this reason.
When you need a portrait not a landscape.
I've shot a million head shots with a 90mm lens on my Leica M's if there is
a big difference in the way this would work I'd like to know what  it is.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] S2 test)
Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] S2 test)