Subject: [Leica] IMG: FF M9
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:40:16 -0600

I think Sonny may be referring to me.

coming from a commercial photo background
I tend to take color temperatures, casts and cross overs;
neutral grays, blacks, and whites
fairly seriously.

I often use manual white point setting with digital;
as well as still using my Minolta color temperature meter.
Old habits die hard.

I also admire successful, creative use of color casts;
studying the best film DP's and lighting directors.

It comes down to "does it work?"
(obviously a subjective call)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist

On Nov 13, 2009, at 9:06 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Mark Rabiner
>> <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I think color issues arise when you have a general over saturation.
>>> Then you're going to find casts in every element of the image.
>>> Just taking down the saturation often results in very little
>>> additional
>>> tweaking. The colors really not all that off.  They are just too