Subject: [Leica] IMG: FF M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:47:39 -0500

> Hi Doug. Yes that was exactly the intent of the shots! I'm glad someone
> gets
> it.
> It's easy for me to be involved and excited with the new camera of course,
> just never expected the tone of some responses.
> Camera calibration/profiles are at an early point, with only one synthetic
> profile and the beta in LR3 at the meent. M8/9 profiles in LR/ACR are
> really
> consevative by default
> anyhoo, 2000ISO for you

Profiles are interesting but what about looking at the picture and going
"that picture has a magenta cast I think I'll go command B and move the
slider away from the magenta and into the green to get rid of it"? Or is
this a total automatic pilot thing?
If it is I'm against it. We need to look at all our shots critically and not
think we've ever gotten a break from having to do that because our software
has taken over.

Mark William Rabiner