Subject: [Leica] Links for X-1 Luminous Landscape and Reid Review's Reviews
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:15:20 -0500

That was my initial reaction, too, but there seem to be workarounds.
Among other things, the shutter response is said to be essentially
instantaneous after focus is achieved.  I haven't cancelled my pre-
order yet.

That said, the GF-1 remains of interest.  I am just back from a trip
to England with a G-1 and the Panasonic 20/1.7 as my sole lens and, so
far anyway, the results look really good.  I hope to start posting
some of my pictures after next weekend.

It looks like the X-1 will easily outdo the G-1 and GF-1 at high ISO,
though.

Regards,

Dick