Subject: [Leica] Image help
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:17:43 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Vince.
I gave up the "don't crop" mantra some time ago. Though I try to
frame?exactly what I want before shooting, often it doesn't end up being the
best way to convey the image.
Case in point; this was a travel image;?grabbed as I saw the?scene as
my?group continued on without me (they learned not to bother waiting
around). Other times what looks great in the viewfinder doesn't translate
properly to paper.
Usually I agree with you. I work hard, when I'm out on my own, to frame and
focus on exactly what I want on the print. Sometimes (more often than I'd
like to admit these days), as you point out here, it's better to forget the
rule.
So your comment strikes home; thanks.
Best,
Bob