Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses"
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:38:47 -0800

I think we have a basic, and deeply different, point of view.

I believe there is a big ( in Leica terms) market for a Digi-R.  Do they
have to develop it themselves?  No.  The camera must accept R mount lenses,
and be digital capture.

Get someone else to do the R+D on one of their own Digi-bodies, private
brand the thing "Leica", and adapt the  mount to the R lenses.

No AF

This is not that hard......and it does not have to be priced at $25,000.

And now you have a new market for the world's best SLR lenses......put them
back into production......

It costs a lot less to keep your current customers then it does to get new
customers......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

But we -know- the R market is tiny compared even to the M market. The
R8 almost bankrupted the company.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses")
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses")
Message from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses")