Subject: [Leica] IMG: My Friend Sami Ullah (follow up)
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:10:55 -0600

Hugh,

I like the current photo.  From the Bokeh, I assume it was shot essentially
wide open.  I have not used the 2.8 Elmar, but used the 3.5 for many years.
When it was fresh, with no haze, it had very good contrast.  After 50 years,
it now needs a CLA and does not display the old contrast.

Have you examined your Elmar with a small flashlight?  You might discover
the source of the problem about which you are concerned.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA