Subject: [Leica] m9 review
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:36:28 -0800

He seemed like he was trying a little bit too hard to convince himself
of the camera's merits.
I did find his compare and contrast, between the M8(2) and the M9, to
bolster the latter's merits as somewhat uninspired.
I'm also not surprised that it could barely keep up with the Canon and
the Nikon. Both Canon and Nikon have over a 10 year edge in
development. Though both were also beneficiaries of Kodak's research
early on.
The indifferent manner of testing, which I see also in Erwin Puts'
tests, lives me cold. Even pixel peeping requires a bit more
proficiency in generating an image. The "test" does not really tell
much of the camera's real world capabilities. But maybe in better
hands, we might of seen something different.
S.d.

On Nov 8, 2009, at 8:14 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2009, at 8:10 PM, slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
>
>> Far from from convincing!
>

> of what Slobodan?
>
> Steve
>

>> S.d.
>>

>> On Nov 8, 2009, at 7:12 PM, leo wesson wrote:
>>
>>> http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0911/camera-corner-the-leica-m9.html
>>>
>>> Good review, David.
>>>

>>> Leo Wesson
>>> Photographer/Videographer