Subject: [Leica] Card vs. disc question
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:06:58 +0100

Larry,

I have not been to 3rd world countries with my Powerbook, but I have
been through Eastern European airports with it without any problems.
Also, do not assume that the equipment is antiquated; it may well be
that the airports you fly through have recently been modernized.

My backup device when travelling is the iPod: in the evening I copy
the pictures from the cards onto the Powerbook, and then I make a
backup on the iPod. This is also handy when I come home, since I can
just copy the iPod backup onto my desktop iMac which is where I
"process" my pictures.

And of course the ipod has the nice feature of playing music:-)

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu