Subject: [Leica] Anybody with an actual M9 have experience with large fast cards?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 15:58:07 +1030

Hi Mehrdad,

I shot a pile of film (~120 rolls of 135) on this most recent trip
too.  While away I just guard it well.  I'm good at keeping track of
physical objects, so I'm less concerned about losing rolls of film
than having some e-disaster and having files vanish into the aether.
Rolls of film in ziplok bags are also a much less attractive target
for a thief than a laptop.

The hardest thing with film, for me, was coming up with a system to
keep track of the rolls as I develop them myself after I get home.
The system I use is to write some information on the cassettes when I
finish shooting them (e.g. Cape Town markets 1-8-9), then use those
numbers printed on sticky water proof material that commercial labs
use when I develop them.  That way I have a roll of film which
corresponds to notes about the date and place where I shot it, which I
then write on the printfile, along with a number, which has the year
followed by the number roll of that year.

Digital, overall, makes archiving easier and the likelihood of loss
lower.  When some manufacturer makes a digital camera that just
records luminance, I'll probably use less film when travelling.

Marty