Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush / toxicity
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:20:35 +1030

Please don't misunderstand me: Ciba/Ilfochromes from very good to
ideal transparencies are beautiful, a real joy.  When the transparency
is just right they are even very easy to print.  But so few
transparencies are even good, let alone ideal.  And it's SO nice to be
able to correct casts, contrast and saturation without having to think
about the others.  The reciprocity and resulting colour crossovers
were also difficult to manage at times.  And the surfaces never looked
that good to me after they stopped making Cibachrome on a paper base.

Marty