Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hello from Pakistan
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:17:48 +0500

Spencer - as I noted to Wendy, Pindy is crazy, but it is the same in
most other towns and cities, Islamabad is the exception.

On 5-Nov-09, at 7:32 AM, Spencer Cheng wrote:

> My guide drove the wrong way down a one way street in 'Pindi because
> there was a traffic jam. Another guide went whipping around blind
> corners on tiny dirt roads. They are good people in general.

Yes, this tends to be normal practice from my observations.  Then
there are the motor bikes, and pedal bikes

> Basic rule was "might is right" on the KKH. It works.
>
> We were cycling up/down the KKH. Once one figures out the
> aforementioned basic rule, it's not bad. Just have to watch out for
> the leftover stone on the road they use to mark traffic accidents in
> lieu of flares or safety triangles. Hitting one of those on a
> bicycle at speed would ruin one's day.

Yes, you are right, that is what they do for holes in the road, and
then take for ever to do the repair.  One day I am going to do a
little study on that.

Hugh

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] IMG: Hello from Pakistan)
Reply from thurmanphoto at gmail.com (Wendy Thurman) ([Leica] IMG: Hello from Pakistan)