Subject: [Leica] London and X-1
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 04:32:38 -0500

I'm about to leave Heathrow after ten terrific days of traveling with
good friends, a great lunch with Neil Beddoe at a restaurant near
Piccadilly, (thanks again Neil), and a stop at the new Leica Shop in
London.

I got a got good look at the X-1.  It's much smaller and lighter than
I expected and should be easily usable with an optical finder.  It
focuses a bit slowly, but I trust (hope!) they'll get that fixed
before release.  I was told that the first three hundred are due out
in the next two weeks with regular availability scheduled for
January.  No picture samples allowed, of course, as others have
reported.  Leica may have a real winner here unless the rumored
similar Nikon appears at half the price.

Travel pix after I return.

Regards,

Dick