Subject: [Leica] Hey teacher...
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 23:37:28 -0000

"Steve Unsworth" <lug at steveunsworth.co.uk> wrote
> We had some sadistic teachers when I was at school too. I remember one
> occasion in a German lesson where the teacher lost his temper with a
> pupil,
> put his head in the desk and repeatedly banded the top of the desk on the
> back of his head, not as a punishment but purely and simply because he'd
> lost both his temper and his control. Others were throwing board dusters
> around. Another - a P.E. Teacher - used to watch the young boys when they
> were taking a shower. I could go on.

Were we at the same school? This is sounding awfully familiar.

> I normally agree with you Ted, but I think you are wrong in promoting
> control by fear. If kids misbehave it's because of the parents IMHO.

Hey, don't knock fear. It's a great motivator. Part of the problems of
society, and its casual violence, might be the lack of discipline in the
home and in schools where authority has been eroded by - ah, christ I'm not
going to start...(sadly puts list away)

The Nikon F5 the most bash resistant camera known to man. With its rather
excellent strap, it can be whirled about the head laying out the modern
proliferation of ever threatening bad boys most effectively. It is both a
weapon of choice for defence and for shooting an image of the body of your
prone assailant after you clock him with it. Rolleiflexes and Leicas are
useless in these circumstances...

<grin>

Douglas
_________