Subject: [Leica] Hey teacher...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:33:36 -0800

Douglas Barry offered:
>>> The Nikon F5 the most bash resistant camera known to man. With its
>>> rather
> excellent strap, it can be whirled about the head laying out the modern
> proliferation of ever threatening bad boys most effectively. It is both a
> weapon of choice for defence and for shooting an image of the body of your
> prone assailant after you clock him with it. Rolleiflexes and Leicas are
> useless in these circumstances...<<

Hey Douglas mon ami,

May I digress for a moment in the viability of the M4 being an excellent
weapon of choice when solidly cracked against the side of an assailants
skull! :-) My goodness it does leave them with, "what the hell hit me?"

Only one occasion have I had to use a camera in my defense and it worked so
beautifully I bet the lad still has nightmares regarding the smack he got
from, "Just a little camera like that?" Meaning my M4 as I swung it with a
damn fine effort so the base plate caught him flat to the left side of his
head. Dropped him like I hit him with a brick! Best part? The camera
continued to work perfectly after bonking the perpetrator!

I wouldn't write off any of the M's as a perfect choice of weapon if
required.  Swing it as hard as one can aiming at trying to get the base
plate flat to skull! Just get him above the ear and flat base plate! Then
count ten I bet he wont get up before 100! :-)

Besides if one must use this method you really want to hit so hard you know
he isn't going to get up. Or if he should he's running as fast as he can
away from you. Best bet? Clock him a very good one so he's down for the big
count because you really don't want him to get up! Period, let the police
look after getting him up. Or maybe the  paramedics! ;-) If ya got him a
good one it might well be the paramedics! In that case call yer lawyer just
in case! ;-)

By the same token if in a very bad situation don't try anything fancy, just
swing it on the neck strap with all your might and hit him in the head!
Anywhere in the head. Chances are he'll not likely get up for some time. :-)

Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Hey teacher...)
Message from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Hey teacher...)