Subject: [Leica] OT: Blasphemy Canon EOS 5D Mark II!
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:30:45 -0700

At 11:18 AM -0800 11/2/09, Steve Barbour wrote:

>I enjoy the feel of the Nikon body more, but importantly the Canon
>exposes properly when wide open,  although at smaller apertures,
>exposure compensation is incorrect...as I recall you overexpose, so
>you must shoot wide open with auto metering...
>On the Nikon exposure compensation is correct at all apertures...
>
>you also have great high ISO performance with the Nikon
>D700...though I have not used that capability much.
>

>Steve

I also like the Nikon body a little bit more.

The difference in the high ISO performance seems very slight in my
trials, considering the difference in resolution between the D700 and
the 5DII. On similar size prints the differences fade away to the
extent that I have a hard time seeing them.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com