Subject: [Leica] Roy DeCarava, 1919-2009
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:27:49 -0700 (PDT)

Another of the 20th century giants gone. Loved his street stuff.

Glad to see you resurfacing here, and thanks for the blog link - lots of
great stuff there, and it it'll take me a while to get through it all. So,
are you splitting time with a residence in SA?

Racing has taken a big hit hereabout, both at the strip and the local ovals.
The speedway downtown at the state fairgrounds is having their last race
this Sunday. Sited on an old horse track, they hosted their first car race
in 1904. Barney Oldfield raced there.