Subject: [Leica] OT: Did most darkroom printing for a while...
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 03:41:50 -0700

Printed 10 8x10 for the print exchange. I can't remember the last time
doing so much work in a darkroom. Almost too easy though. The Analyser
PRO nails the exposure and paper grade the first run, then it's just a
matter of walking back and forth between the wet and dry sides, and
moving prints from one slot of the Nova processor to the others. I can
have 3 prints going at once: printing on the enlarger, soaking in the
developer and soaking in the fixer.

It's taking a little bit of time to get used to the wet prints - they
don't have the punch that an inkjet has initially, but after dry down,
they look quite nice indeed. I guess one thing about enlarging using
software is that you can sharpen quite a bit (plus local contrast
enhancement etc.) whereas those are tougher to do in a darkroom. At
least going from the XPan or the 6x7 to a 8x10 is not a stretch at
all.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: