Subject: [Leica] How fast is the human eye?
From: jmilton2 at maine.rr.com (Jack Milton)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:43:50 -0400

  There's a discussion of this at <http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/
29569-5-what-human>, even some with sources!

  As for the "average iso" the "average photojournalist" uses, I'd
say old habits die hard. Any pj who shot film shot 400 speed B&W (Tri-
X, TMAX) and then 400 speed color negative film (Ektapress, Fuji - I
know, a few shot chromes), probably sets a digital camera to 400
under many conditions?I do. I got used to shooting 400 and still can
make an almost exact exposure guess at that speed. One nice thing
about digital is being able to change the ISO without changing rolls
of film. So we shoot at 100 or 200 in good light, and bump it up as
necessary. On the newest cameras, 400 looks better than 200 did a few
years ago, and 1600, or 3200, is the new 400.

Jack Milton
http://www.jackmilton.com