Subject: [Leica] Fall geese and other birds
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:40:10 -0400

We don't have many of the exotic birds so excellently photographed by Doug,
Jayanard, and Geoff, but we do have plenty of (illegal immigrant) Canada
geese. In years past the geese flew over our Hudson Valley location,
choosing to winter in the more benign climate of Chesapeake Bay. But with
global warming they don't go so far south and spend the winters, and the
summers too, in New York and Connecticut. Millions of them. Geese are
grazing birds and gather in newly cut lawns and parks. You have to walk
carefully when strolling through a goose pasture. The best way to keep geese
away from swimming areas is to harass them with border collies and radio
controlled model boats - really. I would be happy to send wild goose
roasting recipes to anyone who wants them. Eat geese for Thanksgiving. Give
the turkeys a break.

Here are some recent goose photos:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Fall+goose.JPG.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Fall+geese.JPG.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Geese+and+ducks.JPG.html

This one is my grand daughter's favorite:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Paper+bird.JPG.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Fall geese and other birds)