Subject: [Leica] photo quotes
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:43:33 -0600

I had seen the Winogrand quote before, but was told that the original was:
"I have a burning desire to see what things look like when photographed *by
me*.  I looked it up, and apparently there are several versions floating
around.  My favorite was "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
 It is about how that thing looks photographed."  Some other quotes of his
are here:

http://www.photoquotes.com/ShowQuotes.aspx?id=22&name=Winogrand,Garry
<http://www.photoquotes.com/ShowQuotes.aspx?id=22&name=Winogrand,Garry>

--