Subject: [Leica] Percussive maintenance
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 00:23:40 +0100

Doug Herr <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net> wrote on
>Brian Reid wrote:
>>>
>I think that next time it stops working (and it will; I am sure of that) I
>will just toss it in my trunk and drive around for a while, then hook it up
>again.
<<<
>Percussive maintenance.

Ah yes, I remember picking up a seized Olympus OM1 in a charity shop for a
fiver and walking up to collect some C41s from my local photo shop and
showing my new purchase to the owner. I told I'd bought it to take apart to
fix. He said "Gimme that" and then "Close your eyes" and with a whoosh
rapped it down smartly on the counter. With that bang, it worked, and it's
still working three years later.

As they say, most good things start with a bang.....

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow