Subject: [Leica] iso 100.000+??
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:31:13 -0400

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

Well, you have to live with inferior low light performance in that
case. I think that the Nikon 200-400 is no slouch though, and at the
normal print sizes that you have for sale nobody would be able to tell
the difference from your 280 APO-Telyt.
<<<

Since the first person I have to satisfy is myself, high-ISO performance
only interests me if it comes with DMR image quality.  Comparing the 280mm
f/4 APO-Telyt's performance with the AF 300mm f/4 ED-IF I bought for my
brother or the pre-IF 300mm f/4.5 ED I still have and which Bj?rn R?rslett
rates so highly, sorry to be so blunt but neither of these Nikkors measures
up to the APO-Telyt, optically, mechanically or ergonomically.  Not even
close.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.willdightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] iso 100.000+??)