Subject: [Leica] iso 100.000+??
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:21:29 -0700

With all due respect... when it is too dark, it is too dark.

Higher ISO on digital cameras takes care of this.....

Or...

Would you rather shoot at ISO 100,000 at 1/250 of a second or a Leica M8 or
M9 at 1/4 second at ASA 1250?

Capturing an image with great lenses is only valid if you can prevent camera
shake......

And no matter what you say, the Noctilux is only 1 stop faster than common
F1.4 lenses.... 1 stop.  Not a big deal.  Higher useable ISO  makes up for
that in a big way.....

The D3s is a real threat... and those that do not believe are fooling
themselves......

Remember, most of us are amateurs.... not pros... and selling photographs is
only a dream//nightmare/imagination.
We don't have "rules".

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

mehrdad wrote:
> i know with the m8 & m9 we are struggling with iso 1250, i guess when m12
is
> out leica will catch up with todays canon

But we don't need 1250 with our fast Leica lenses.  Would you rather
have 1250 iso and crappy lenses or 160 iso and fantastic lenses?  I'd
rather have the fantastic fast lenses.

Tina

Replies: Reply from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] iso 100.000+??)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] iso 100.000+??)