Subject: [Leica] Stock Photography
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:16:12 -0400

nicolas vigier wrote:
> Interesting. Is it taking a lot of time to upload pictures on alamy.com ?
> How much pictures are you uploading to sell 10 or 12 a month ?

It takes a lot of time.  I've been with them 5 years and have 7000
photos on file.
> I'm not taking any photo for making money, and most of my pictures would
> probably have nobody buying them, but if uploading is not taking too
> much time, maybe that could be something to try. And maybe that would
> allow me to get some money for buying new camera / lens if I'm lucky :)

You can go to Alamy's forum and read some of the comments about
uploading photos.  The actual uploading doesn't take much time at all
but you do have to prepare the photos  - that includes examining every
pixel at 100% to look for dust - and you have to keyword them after they
are uploaded.
Here is some good information from Alamy:
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography-guide.asp

Good luck!

Tina
www.tinamanley.com