Subject: [Leica] cyan fringing
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:10:31 -0700

Hi Doug,

I think there are two different things being talked about here; one
is cyan/red fringing due to chromatic aberration, and the other is
cyan corners due to oblique rays of light going through the IR cut
filters.

The former can happen with all lenses while the latter only happens
with wideangles and gets worse the wider the angle of view of the
lens.

Tina's instructions deal with the former and Cornerfix (or coding of
lenses) deals with the latter.