Subject: [Leica] Old lenses and M8
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 11:30:43 +0100

Me too, but, unlike Mark, for me a 35mm is wide angle and the 59 and
75 on the M8 give very suitable fields of view for me. The M8 has few
drawbacks in this regard as I have the lenses and IR filters now. I
did get a WATE which I use in town on holiday with the M8. I will be
interested to see how I get on with it when (if!) I ever get a M9.

It rather reminds me of being in my local dealers when one of his
customers returned the freshly released and hard-to-get-hold-of Canon
5D. He found the quality not as good as he was used to with his APS
sensor camera (cheaper lenses certainly were shown up as such) and
found the field of view less to his liking. I was a bit surprised to
find the sales assistant in the dealer completely agreeing. The
customer happily went back to a newer APS sensor body and the smaller
lenses suitable for it.
FD