Subject: [Leica] Egypt Trip
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 21:02:17 -0400

I just got back from a 10 day photo trek to Egypt with the Mentor
Series program.  Visiting Egypt was on my wife's "bucket list".  I was
very happy to assist her in agreeing to go on this adventure.  The
program was set with each day's multiple events managed by a photo
producer.  I have never done more photography on a trip.  More than
6500+ images plus some HD video for good measure.  My biggest concern
was running out of hard drive space.  Up at 4 am many mornings and to
bed at mid-night.  I got over my fear of going up to people to ask to
take their photo.  Putting people in travel photos gives you scale and
location.  By the end of the trek, I felt  more like a musician who
was able to play their instrument by intuition - only my instrument
was a camera.  The pyramids, Sphinx, temples, Nile river, goats,
camels, mosques, museums were explored.  The Land Cruiser trip out
into the black and white deserts were a high point.  Amazing how the
drivers could scale large sand drifts after letting half the air out
of their tires.  Got stuck plenty of times too.

I've posted three of the images:  camel driver, love at first site and
a temple volunteer.  C&C welcome.  I hope to put up a blog and find a
market for some of them.  It really was a blast.  I missed Ted's and
Tina's Leica weekend but I supported my wife's wish to go to Egypt.
Those of you who are married will understand.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rclompus/

Happy shooting,

Richard

Richard Clompus, OD