Subject: [Leica] Identifying Leica screw mount cameras
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:01:09 -0500

Larry,

I can't answer your basic question about internal markings, because I have
never taken one of mine apart.  However, aside from the exact date of the
parts, which can vary, your camera must be made up of IIIc or later parts.
As you probably recall, the case and construction was altered considerably
when the IIIc was created.  The body is 1/8 inch longer, and the lens flange
is no longer a circular flange, so the earlier parts would not fit into your
hybrid assembly.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA