Subject: [Leica] OT: We need some hope.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 19:16:26 -0400

> Hey Ted--
>
> I'll have a stab at it.
>
> The US has a split personality.

Trying to stick to a sociological framework less political I see it
differently.
Half the country come from families which have been voting democrat for
generations.
Half the country come from families which have been voting republican for
generations.
The first guys are going to love whatever our latest top guy does.
The later are going to hate it. They didn't vote for him  They'll chalk it
up to an anomaly.
This is why I don't go into politics when having coffee with friends I'd
just rather not know. Leave me in the dark please and pass the half and
half.
And why I'm' glad its not kosher on the LUG to talk politics. There's even a
separate list for it. Me I'd rather go to purgatory.
Almost unavoidable news the PPP going to Obama and it could have been kept
to  generalized sociological not political terms but it didn't.
People are just in love with their prejudices and ignorance's.
They should! It makes them such more interesting.

Harry you inscrutable fool you! Lets go bowling! Lets play cards!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] OT: We need some hope.)