Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 12:15:17 -0700

That may be true, but I am betting dollars to donuts that the cost of
blank does not account for the difference in end prices.

The low number manufactured is the prime reason, and because of that,
they can afford to use high level of tolerance and greater emphasize
on certain design goals (i.e. good performance even wide open), but
those are "side-effects." The main cause is still the simple
arithmetic of "they ain't going to sell many"

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog:

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM)