Subject: [Leica] New List Member
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:47:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Wendy,
Welcome to a very knowledgeable list. You will get a lot of great (and often
conflicting and certainly overwhelming) advice from many excellent shooters
here.

I love my 50/1.4. It works well in low light as well as bright day. From my
reading (not experience) I see that the M9 has better high ISO ability than
the M8, but not close to your Nikon. I however don't find the M8 noise
objectionable even at 1250. My 50 is glued to my M8 and I use it primarily
for family shots (informal portraits). That said, I don't do a lot of that
type of shooting.

I would love to see some of your work. Do you have it posted anywhere?
Best of luck and good fortune,
Bob
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA