Subject: [Leica] Leica Forum
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 00:11:37 +1000

Just my personal addendum Jim.
Personally I AM an advocate of Leica content in the LUG and Yearbook.
However I recognise that I am in a minority.  I'm not sure that "virtually
all" are not is correct though!
I'll contribute again this year FWIW but I'm flummoxed why books full of
Leica photographs from many of the best in the LUG (my alternatives not
replacements for your compilations) attract almost zero interest in
comparison. Very different approaches certainly.
I'm even shooting 6x7  transparencies in a Voigtlander currently, but they
won't make it onto the LUG. I like that LU part.
As a practical matter, that is the nature of the LUG and a pre-condition
when enjoying the society of many talented photographers here.
Sometimes I even enjoy the non-Leica content ;-) Sssh.
In Leica specific context Solms staff that I have spoken with of course see
it differently (unsurprisingly).

--

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Leica Forum)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Leica Forum)