Subject: [Leica] Its steam train time again- - this year's shots
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:44:31 +0200

Hi Dick,

it's not always easy to get a shot in that shows the engines the way I'd
like to - and going shorter than a 28 mm distorts the perspectives too much.
But I personally think that a couple of shots showing the "environment"
are not all that much out of place.

It is a fascinating place, very sad in parts when you see the engines
they haven't yet get the finances for to refurbish (there's more or less
a maratorium on that because they need a lot of cash to replace an
important bridge), and getting a locomotive back into running condition
is a very expensive business. I would love to see the S160 back in
steam, it's a real monster.

Thanks for taking a look and your kind comments
Cheers
Douglas