Subject: [Leica] Ken Burns misfired - so far
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:08:01 -0600

George Lottermoser writes:

> Let me rephrase.
> referring to LUG critics of "The National Parks." Episode One, by Ken
> Burns:
>
> I did not refer to Episode One as "bad."
> I used the terms "Burns formula," "skimming" and "hyping"
> He uses his successful formula of pace, narration, time-lapse,
> panning and zooming still images, to tell his story in his way.
> In so doing he adds his point of view (POV) to the body of history on
> his chosen subject(s).
> I don't see this as necessarily "bad;" but rather as "more."
> He "skims" the archives and builds a new presentation.
> He's very good at what he does.
> His overall approach generally tends to "hype" his chosen subject(s).
>
> On Sep 28, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Greg Lorenzo wrote:
>
> >> This is just real hard to read, George.
> >

> > Agree, very hard to read. George is your email program formating
> > your paragraphs vertically instead of horizontally?

I think his US Civil War series based on Shelby Footes' book was one of the
best documentaries I've seen. Looked forward to each and every episode. The
Jazz and baseball series were not of the same caliber. I haven't seen his
latest effort on US National Parks.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

Hotmail? has ever-growing storage! Don?t worry about storage limits.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Ken Burns misfired - so far)
Message from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Ken Burns misfired - so far)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Ken Burns misfired - so far)