Subject: [Leica] Ken Burns misfired - so far
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:30:36 -0400

> I didn't say Ken Burns' National Parks Documentary was bad; (maybe you go
> different cafeterias than I do.)     I go to the Piccadilly once in a while
> in Shreveport.   I like the green pea salad, and the turnip greens.  I
> always have to add some pepper sauce to the greens.   They do as good a job
> as anyone frying catfish fillets.  So, there ya go.
>
> I don't know If Ken shoots all the footage himself.  Maybe so.  Most of the
> still stuff is just pulled straight from scans.  This I know, because I was
> a sous-chef in one of his cafeteria-docs a few years ago.

He's head camera operator on all his projects. His hands are on the camera
most of the time.
And I was referring to the 6 other guys here on the LUG who find Ken Burns
documentaries the most obviously distasteful thing they've ever heard of.
Most peoples mileages vary on that particular issue.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Ken Burns misfired - so far)