Subject: [Leica] Ken Burns misfired - so far
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:57:33 -0400

> A Ken Burns Documentary is a little bit like going to a cafeteria.  They
> serve it in an attractive manner, fresh, but no pepper in the gumbo, and
> someone to takes the trays to the table for you.
>
> They've used materials from our archives before, and were a tiny bit
> slippery in the accuracy of period the image was supposed to portray.

Wow weird!
I'll go to bat for Ken Burns.

If his stuff is so bad why are they by far the most watched things on public
TV for the past 22.2 years?
Because they are so  bad and boring I'm sure is the reason.
He's mine and most peoples favorite documentarian.
- He operates his cameras himself.
- And its all about the power of stills.
Stills in motion of course.
The Ken Burns affect.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Ken Burns misfired - so far)