Subject: [Leica] Better bokeh?
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:39:54 +0200

grduprey at mchsi.com wrote:

>James,
>

>Bokeh and Macro just don't mix, Period.  At macro ranges, bokeh just does
>not exist.

As already stated, it depends on the definition of bokeh

It is normally tested by and as the way a light source is rendered when
in the field of the lens.
If the outer circles are lighter, or ovoid, or potatoid, then bokeh is
supposed to be bad.

If not, it helps getting smoother transitions between circles, hence the
silky, smooth look, etc.
Well, that's I've always been told and have read. I may be  wrong.

So far, I don't see any good reason why it shouldn't apply to macro shots

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW/PAW-01-L1-Bokeh-MacroElmarit.jpg.html

Am I that wrong?
Bien cordialement de Metz
Phx