Subject: [Leica] Bootable Mac backup
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:04:25 -0400 (EDT)

Comes from the expression .. to bootstrap.... or to start from nothing.

ITOD, a computer did nothing wihtout the first bits of code being hand
entered using toggle switches.  Then you could start the tape ( paper tape,
youngsters, from Teletype machines).  etc.

SO you can see that the word Boot is really not an original computer term,
but if you're not Texan or female or Fashionista, you probably only use the
term for computers.

Frank F