Subject: [Leica] DEAD PIG
From: h_arche at (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

I dunno, you got a good recipe?

There was a Korean restaurant in Chicago I used to go to. It must have been
a good one, I mean true to the cuisine, because in a half dozen visits I was
the only non-Korean I ever saw there.

I used to order blind by pointing at things on the menu. On my third visit
the waitress refused to accept my order - 'not for americans!'. I thought
maybe I'd hit on the dog dish. When I persisted she went for the manager who
told me the item was a meat dish but served raw, and she flat refused to let
me have it.

Has anyone ever seen the old Gluyas Williams cartoon from the New Yorker
where the stumped essayist researches what dog tastes like for an article
he's writing?